This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Klaviyo Native Metrics data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
How do I find my private API key?
To find your API key, log into your Klaviyo account, and go to your Account Settings. Once there, click the API Keys tab. From this page, you can create a private API key that you can use to traffic data to your TapClicks dashboard.
Will I need to create a separate private API key for each of the companies that I work with?
Yes. In order to bring data into the TapClicks dashboard for a company using Klaviyo, there needs to be a separate, dedicated API key for each company record in Klaviyo. Once you go through this setup, all campaigns, flows, and KPI data for this company will automatically be associated with the TapClicks client record.
If I already have a private API key for my Klaviyo company, do I need to create another one to connect to TapClicks?
While you don’t need to do this, we recommend that you do create a dedicated API key for your TapClicks dashboard from a management standpoint. If you work with many external tools, having a dedicated API key will allow you to customize the access level and know which keys are associated with which external tools.
What access level do I need to grant my Klaviyo private API key?
You must grant at least read-only access in your API key. While TapClicks is focused on Klaviyo campaigns and Klaviyo flows at this time, we encourage you to grant read-only access to all objects for future enhancements that are being explored at this time.
Can I change my Klaviyo private key scopes after I’ve created my key?
No, you’ll need to create a new API key to reflect the updated scopes.
Why can’t I see certain Klaviyo metrics in my Klaviyo Native Metrics connector in TapClicks?
This is because, for the initial round of offering, TapClicks focused on only the native metrics from the Klaviyo system. In the future, we will evaluate exposing custom metrics from Klaviyo in the TapClicks dashboard. If there are certain metrics that are critical to your company’s needs, feel free to submit a request to our Product team to evaluate.
Why am I seeing different data between the Klaviyo user interface and the TapClicks platform?
There are a few things to confirm if this occurs. First, make sure to look at the Klaviyo Analytics Reports pages when comparing data to TapClicks. This data set is consistent with data returned from the Klaviyo API. If you are reviewing the Klaviyo Campaigns pages, it's possible you'll see a variation because of how Klaviyo reports on data between those two sections of the platform.
Can I change the timezone after data has started loading for my Klaviyo company?
|NOTE: you will need your Klaviyo private API key to make this change.
Yes. To do this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Data → Campaigns and pull up data for Klaviyo Native Metrics.
- Search for the company name that you need to update the timezone for--click the trash can icon to delete this data.
- Navigate to Data → Data Sources and click the Klaviyo tile.
- Search for the company name that you wish to update. Unassign the data from your TapClicks client by clicking the red “X” button at the right and then clicking Unassign.
- Then, close this box and click on the green plug on the Klaviyo tile.
- Select the record that you wish to update from the dropdown and click Edit.
- Enter your private API key, update the timezone and click Edit Account to make the update.
- Then, reassign the Klaviyo company name to your TapClicks client record.
- Close the dialog box, then click Update Dashboard to fetch data against the new timezone.
What if I need data from Klaviyo that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Klaviyo Native Metrics connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Klaviyo Native Metrics, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Klaviyo Native Metrics.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Company Name
Level 2 - none