This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Xandr Invest data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
Did Xandr Invest used to be called AppNexus?
What do I need to do to connect to Xandr Invest?
First, you will need to be granted access to the Xandr Console API by contacting the Xandr support team at email@example.com. In order to be granted access, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current Xandr Invest customer with a current Console user ID and member ID. (Xandr Invest Support cannot create a new user to fulfill a request for API access.)
- Be a Network, Network Observer, Advertiser, or Publisher user. Xandr Invest cannot grant API access to Network Advertiser Manager or Network Publisher Manager users.
When you open your Xandr Invest support ticket, use the title "Request for API Access". In the body of the support ticket, include the following information:
- The numeric ID of the user that requires API access.
- The billing name and numeric ID of the member under which that user exists.
The Xandr Invest team cannot grant access to non-Console users. If you are a customer and have non-Console users who would like access to the API, you must contact the Platform Integrations team for your Xandr business unit.
What timezone does my Xandr Invest data come in as?
Xandr Invest data gets pulled in the US/Mountain Standard timezone. If you are looking at your reporting data in the Xandr Invest platform, be sure to set the timezone to US/Mountain Standard timezone when comparing the data.
Why do I see "https://FAKEMEDIAURL.appnexus.com" in the media URL field?
Ads of the type html are not media types, like a .jpg or .gif. And https://FAKEMEDIAURL.appnexus.com is what we get from Xandr Invest for that field. However, if you are looking for the link to the html file that holds the Ad creative, you can use the field ‘Preview’ instead to surface the HTML preview.
What if I need data from Xandr Invest that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Xandr Invest connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Xandr Invest, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Xandr Invest.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Advertiser
Level 2 - Line Item