December 2018 Release
- Color selection for widget metrics
- Display date draw option for widgets
- Google Ad Manager push integration
- Activity log searching
- Refresh dashboard fields
- Permissions update for the ‘Star Over’ button
- NEW: SnapChat
- API upgrades: Twitter Ads and Oath Ad Platforms: Ad Server ● Numerous new field and data view enhancements for Google Ads, Google Campaign Manager, TruMeasure, Mixpo, DataXu, and more.
Color selection for widget metrics
You asked and we listened! You can now customize the colors of metrics on a widget level.
Sometimes you might want to highlight a specific metric on a widget or perhaps you want Clicks to be consistently green across all of the widgets on a dashboard. Now you can do this by editing a widget and selecting the color circle next to the metric, to open up the TapClicks Color Picker and pick the exact color you want.
Display date draw option for widgets
TapClicks uses day, month and year in the “Group-by-date” function for widget/data visualizations. Sometimes a long date label can cause formatting problems, particularly in smaller widgets. In this release, we have provided a way to turn off the display of year in the date when the widget is grouped by Date. This can help improve widget formatting and display.
If you use the Edit screen on line, bar and column chart widgets, you will see that a “Date
Format” field has been added in the Draw Options area (see figure below)
Currently, this field has two options: "Default" and "Don't Include Year." When the latter is chosen, date labels will not include Year values in these widgets.
Data Sources and Field Enhancements
- Numerous new field and data view enhancements for Google Ads, Bing Ads, Tiger Pistol, Oath Ad Platforms: Native, Mixpo, DataXu and more.
- New: SnapChat & Google Ad Manager push integration
- API upgrades: Twitter Ads and Oath Ad Platforms: Ad Server
- Numerous new field and data view enhancements for Google Ads, Google Campaign Manager, TruMeasure, Mixpo, DataXu, and more.
Google Ad Manager push integration
We’re excited to announce that TapOrders and TapWorkflow now provide the ability to push orders into Google Ad Manager (Formerly DFP - DoubleClick for Publishers). Utilizing the Google Ad Manager credentials you’ve set up in Manage Data Sources, you can assign Google Ad Manager Clients to TapOrder Clients.
In addition to sending orders to Google Ad Manager, TapOrders will also retrieve existing data previously created in Google Ad Managers such as Ad Units, Labels and Placements.
The Order Form can be configured to accept and display Google Ad Manager fields.
The Line Item Form can also be configured to accommodate Google Ad Manager fields.
Once the order is completed, the Submit Order task will facilitate the push of the Order and Line Items to Google Ad Manager. The status of the push process will be displayed in the comments section. If there is an issue preventing order transmission, corrections can be made and the order can be re-submitted successfully.
Any successfully submitted order can be viewed in Google Ad Manager. The order will be placed in Draft Status until verified and set to go live.
Also available in the Line Item view
Activity Log Searching
TapOrders and TapWorkflow Super Admins now have access to view import batch summaries and search the entire activity log for a specific record. This information will help with troubleshooting integrations. This activity search is for a flat-file and Salesforce integrations.
Here are some of the things that are available with this new feature:
- You can get a summary of every import batch that is processed.
- You can view the start and end times, the number of records processed as well as the number of failures and successes.
- You can download the results if you would like to dig deeper into the individual activity of the batch.
- You can search batch results for a specific activity and see failure reasons.
- You can search the entire history of the activity log. While this is a ton of data, you can filter the results by success or failure as well as by dates. You can also search for a specific activity that happened during those filters by using the search text box.
Refresh dashboard fields
In addition to the regular nightly data refresh of your dashboards, you will now have the ability to manually refresh the data by clicking on the “Publish to Dashboard” button. For your convenience, this button has been placed on all form pages. When adding a new field into a form, make sure to enable that field for dashboards in order to activate the manual data refresh.
Permissions update for the ‘Start Over’ button
In our November release, we introduced the ‘Start Over’ button which allowed you to cancel all existing open tasks on a line item and begin again from the designated point set up in the workflow. In the December release, we have updated the permissions of this feature to only be visible to Super Admins and Ad-Ops Manager roles.
Also, if there isn’t a default routing rule setup for a workflow, the ‘Start Over’ button will not appear.