There are multiple ways in which you can interact with and work with the various Line Items on the orders that exist in the system. This article will help you know how to get into seeing the Line Items, search for specific Line Items, and how to comment on Line Items.
How to Find and View Line Items
You can get into view Line Items via two different ways:
Via Open Orders
- Click on Orders in the Orders section of the left-hand navigation
- Click on the Order Number link
- Scroll all the way down on the page that opens. That is where you will see any Line Items associated with that order and you can add line items as needed using the plus icon next to the Line Items header
You can also edit the Line Items if you need to by clicking on the pencil icon on the right. Just make sure to save all the changes!
Via Detailed Orders
- Click on Detailed orders in the Orders section of the left-hand navigation
- Click on the Arrow to the left of the Order Number
- What expands will be the Line Items for that order
You can click on the Line item Id to see the details and to edit anything you need to.
Search Orders by Line Item
In both the Open Orders page and the Detailed Orders page you can search by Line Item (or product)
- Click into either the Open orders or the Detailed orders page
- Click into the search bar that says Find orders at the top of the page
- Type the name of the Line Item you are looking for
- Select product from the drop-down menu
- Click on Search
- The page will then populate with the orders with that line item
Adding Comments to Line Items
- You can always add comments on Line Items or Orders by opening the order details or line item details and then entering in your comment into the comment box.
- The comments that are saved get associated with the line item or order and can be seen by anyone with access to that line item or order.
- Comments made on Tasks associated with a line item or order are also saved within the line item or order to become part of the thread.
- Comments are REQUIRED for any edit of orders or line items and for any rejection of a task. The system will prompt the user for the comment or will indicate the comment is required before saving any alterations.
- There are three places in which you can add comments
- The comment box at the bottom of any Line Item/Product form
- The comment box at the top right of the order details and line item details pages
- At the bottom of the Task form under "Additional Details"