This article describes the common challenges and how to add an a second account to the same data source.
Can I authorize multiple accounts for a single data source?
However, there are some common errors people experience when doing this. It helps to understand how the platform works before connecting multiple accounts to the same Data Source.
What issues might I encounter?
When you initially connect any Data Source to TapClicks, you have to authorize it using a single user account. This could be your account, the company account, or a shared password.
When you attempt to authenticate a second account to the same data source, you often have to be logged out of the initial account and login with the new account.
Because many people are logged into personal accounts on their computers (such as Facebook, Google, Instagram, etc), when they attempt to authenticate a customer account, the wrong data is pulled into the system.
When adding an account, make sure you are logged in as the correct user when you authenticate. Often this is a customer's account or a new team member's account.
Two ways to add a second account
There are two ways to add an account to an existing connected Data Source
- Log out of your account and Login with the correct account
- Login using incognito mode or similar
In the following examples, we will pretend you are adding a new user account to your existing Facebook Ads Data Source Connection.
1: Login as the new account
- Make sure you are logged into the correct Facebook Ads account in your browser
- Navigate to the Manage Data Sources page
- Click on the Facebook Ads tile
- Click on the Add Account button in the mapper
- The browser will detect what Facebook Ads account you are logged into
- Click Allow
2: Login using browser Incognito Mode
- Use incognito mode (Google Chrome) or private mode (Firefox) to open another dashboard login and follow the same steps
- For this one, you will not need to be logged into the correct account already
- The private browser will allow you to enter the email and password associated with the account you want to connect