Note: Instagram deprecated their Instagram Social API in March 2020 and replaced it with Instagram Professional. When troubleshooting Instagram APIs or reviewing help documents, please ensure you are viewing the most up-to-date information that takes into account this change.
How do I connect Instagram Professional?
Instagram Professional connects to TapClicks using an Instant-On Connector. This is a simple and quick process.
Important Note: It is not uncommon for you to be logged into your personal social media accounts on your devices. You may intend to connect to a client's Instagram account, but inadvertently authenticate your personal account. This is why we recommend you logout of your personal social media accounts before beginning the following process. You can also use an incognito browser window to complete these steps, which will help ensure you are not accidentally using your personal account.
- Navigate to your Manage Data Sources page. This is found in the left sidebar in the Data Sources section.
- Find the Instagram Professional tile and click Connect.
- You will be redirected to a Facebook page that will ask you to approve the authentication of your account. Ensure you are connecting the right account before starting this process.
Select Continue As [name]
- Follow the steps to complete authentication. These include connecting specific business accounts, authorizing permission that allows TapClicks to display your campaign data, and other steps.
- After you have authenticated your account, you will need to assign a client. Each Instagram Professional account can have multiple campaigns. Assigning a client means identifying the campaigns that are related to the clients in your instance. You will have the option of either assigning to an existing client or creating a new client.
Select one or more accounts from the list of connected accounts, and then assign these to a client using the dropdown on the right side of the screen.
- On the right side of the screen, you can either assign to an existing client that has been created in TapClicks using the dropdown, or create a new client.
After you have selected a campaign and chosen a client, you are given the option to save these assignments.
Click Assign Client.
Why am I seeing an error on Instagram?
If the error mentions a token or session the problem is something we can solve almost immediately for you! The access token that Instagram uses to allow us access to the API expires after a period of time, yet undefined. So if you are noticing a drop off in data or an error message in the mapper update your credentials. If that does not resolve the issue please contact support for further troubleshooting.