This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the X (Twitter) data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
What kind of limitations exist on historical data from Twitter?
A number of fields, like “Impressions”, come through Twitter API with a new classification: non-public, organic, or promoted. Data updates for specific types of metrics are only available for tweets that have been created in the last 30 days.
This means that if you were to look at a tweet older than 30 days, performance metrics on that tweet may not match what you see in the Twitter platform because after the tweet has aged to 30 days, that tweet can no longer be pulled through the Twitter API.
There are a handful of metrics available that are considered “public”, and those do not have any historical limitations against them. You can see these in your dashboard with the label “(public)” if you choose to use them.
What if I need data from Twitter that TapClicks doesn't quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Twitter connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Twitter, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Twitter.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Account