This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Google Analytics Multi-Channel Funnel data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
Why can’t I see my filtered data sets as assignment options for Google Analytics Multi-Channel Funnel?
According to Google’s documentation, Multi-Channel Funnel reports should only be generated for unfiltered views. Filtered views do not provide complete conversion paths, and so attribution cannot be determined accurately. In accordance with this guidance, TapClicks omits all views that have filters applied from our GA MCF mapping list.
Best practices for Google Analytics dictate that the default “All Website Data” view should be maintained without any filters. If filters are applied to this view (and no other unfiltered view is created), a subset of session data will be lost forever. This is not enforced on the Google side, however, so GA Properties often have one view labeled “All Website Data”, despite the fact that some sessions are excluded. If filters are applied to this view (or any other), it no longer contains the complete dataset and will be excluded from our mapping list.
If being able to assign Filtered MCF views is critical for your business needs, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org to review your options.
What if I need data from Google Analytics Multi-Channel Funnel that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Google Analytics Multi-Channel Funnel connector.
2] Review if the data you need can be accessed through Live Call Widgets.
- Similar to the Smart Connector option above, this will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path has some limitations on which TapClicks features can be applied to the data set. For example, you cannot currently use Channels with live call data sets.
3] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the Dimensions and Metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Google Analytics Multi-Channel Funnel, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Google Analytics Multi-Channel Funnel.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - View
Level 2 - None