When creating a Smart Connector, you are presented with additional feature options to apply to your Smart Connector. Which additional feature options you have available to you depend on the delivery type you chose for your Smart Connector. Not all options are available for all delivery types. You turn on an option by sliding the control to the right.
Assign this SC to a single client?
- What it does Assigns the Smart Connector to a single client of your choosing.
- When to use it Use this feature when you want to restrict the reporting from a Smart Connector to a single client.
Use Geo Data?
- What it does Allows the user to geocode their data so they can be used in Geo Widgets.
- When to use it Use this feature when your data is geocoded and you want to be able to take advantage of that in your reporting.
Use Email Service?
- What it does Enables the user to send a data file to the Smart Connector as an email attachment. TapClicks will then automatically parse and store the data as if it was uploaded manually.
- When to use it Use this feature when your data files reside on your local machine and you don't want to upload them manually.
Data does not contain Dates
- What it does This tells the Smart Connector that your dataset does not contain a Date field or you do not want to store the data against any date.
- When to use it Use this feature when you want to use your data as a look up or reference table in your reporting/channels.
Use JSON Parsing Settings?
- What it does Enables the user to specify which JSON object(s), being sent to the Smart Connector, should be parsed.
- When to use it Use this feature when not every object in the JSON file needs to be parsed.
Use Tab Parsing?
- What it does Allows the user to specify which tab (i.e., worksheet) in the file to parse. By default, TapClicks parses the first tab.
- When to use it Use this feature when the data of interest is on a tab in the file other than the first tab.
Use Quick Mapping?
- What it does Enables the mapping screen to load faster because the Smart Connector only pulls the mapping fields.
- When to use it Use this feature when you only need to pull the values to populate the assignment screen.
Use for Content Key?
- What it does Allows the user to use a Smart Connector as a Content Key source in TapOrders.
- When to use it Use this feature when you have external systems where you house lists of values, such as newsletter dates or a list of other placements that you want to use in TapOrders.
- What it does Allows the user to have a backend Assignment ID and a frontend Assignment Value.
- When to use it Use this feature when the Assignment Value (i.e., Campaign Name) can change over time but the ID (i.e., Campaign ID) stays constant. So, the system can rely on the ID for processing data but show the value on screen when making assignments.