This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Simpli.fi data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
Where can I find my API User Key?
- Log into Simpli.fi
- Navigate to Admin-->User Settings.
- Click API User Key
Note: if you regenerate your API key and the previous one was already in TapClicks, you’ll need to reconnect with the new key in TapClicks to maintain data flow.
Which Simpli.fi report templates does TapClicks use?
The TapClicks dashboard uses the following report templates from Simpli.fi:
- Geo Conversion Lift Statistics by Campaign by Day
- Geo-Fencing Conversions by Geo Fence by Campaign by Day
- Hourly Performance by Campaign by Day
- Keyword Video Interaction by Day
- Organization Ad Performance by Day
- Organization Audience Insights by Campaign
- Organization Context Performance by Campaign by Day
- Organization Conversions by Campaign by Day
- Organization Device Type by Campaign by Day
- Organization Domain Conversions by Campaign by Day
- Organization Domain Performance by Ad by Day
- Organization Domain Performance by Campaign by Day
- Organization Domain Video Interaction by Day
- Organization Dynamic Click Ad Performance by Campaign
- Organization Geo Fencing Conversions by Geo Fence
- Organization Geo Fencing Conversions by Target and Conversion Fence by Campaign by Day
- Organization Keyword Conversions by Campaign by Day
- Organization Location Performance by Campaign by Day
- Organization Location Video Interaction by Day
- Organization Pacing Report
- Organization Postal Code Performance by Campaign by Day
- Organization Retail Performance with Markup by Campaign by Day
- Organization Segment Performance by Day
- Organization Video Interaction by Day
- Organization Zip+4 Performance by Campaign by Day
- Video Interaction by Campaign by Day
- Zip+4 Video Interaction by Day
How do I see report templates in the Simpli.fi platform?
Path 1: Log into Simpli.fi and go to the Simpli.fi Report Center. Then look for a button for + Report Template. Once on the page, you will see all available SImpli.fi report templates.
Path 2: Log into Simpli.fi and go to the Analytics menu. Then click + New Report. From this screen, you will see all available Simpli.fi report templates.
Where can I see Conversion Zones in TapClicks?
Simpli.fi's Conversion Zone Reports can be found in the Geo Fence data views in TapClicks. This is because the report that contains this information is called "Organization Geo Fence Conversions by Geo Fence” If you're looking to see these values and can't, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to review your options.
I can't see all the organizations I expected to see in my assignment list. What's wrong?
You may need to specify a "Platform ID" in your connection screen. The "Platform ID is an option and leveraged only if your account manages multiple platforms within Simpli.fi. If you do manage multiple platforms but don't specify this field, only the Organizations and Campaigns under the first platform your account was associated with will be returned.
Why do I see a geo fence called “Unknown”?
This is a value that is returned by the Simpli.fi reporting API and these rows represent non-geofence-based locations. If you don’t wish to report on these rows, you can filter these out of your TapClicks dashboard by using widget or dashboard filters.
What if I need data from Simpli.fi that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Simpli.fi connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
NOTE: If you submit a request to the product team, please include which Simpli.fi report template you used as a baseline for the data you need from Simpli.fi. This will help expedite your request.
Additionally, the report templates with Organization in their title tend to be more scalable for our data processing needs.
If you can include a sample report extract of the data you’re looking for as well, this will further expedite your request.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Simpli.fi, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Simpli.fi.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Organization
Level 2 - Campaign