This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Basis data sources. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
Did Basis used to be called Centro?
What API scopes do I need in order to connect to Basis DSP?
You will need the CONTROL, STATS, AUDIENCE scopes in order to connect.
Why can't I see all my Basis data?
Basis offers two different platforms, one for self-serve and one for managed data sources. TapClicks pulls in data through the self-serve platform in our Basis DSP connector. If you have campaigns on the managed platform, you'll need to use the Basis Technologies connector. Please note that not every data set available in the Basis Technologies user interface is available through the API at this time.
What if I need data from Basis that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to either Basis connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Basis DSP, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Basis DSP.
For Basis Technologies, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Basis Technologies.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
This is the same for both Basis Technologies and Basis DSP.
Level 1 - Brand
Level 2 - Campaign