This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using The Trade Desk data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
Why can’t I connect to The Trade Desk?
There are a few reasons why this could be happening:
- The Trade Desk credentials need to be API enabled before you try to connect - if you try to connect before this step, you will receive an error. Note that if you are not a The Trade Desk Premium client there may be a fee associated to get access to the API.
- The Trade Desk also has two types of credentials, one set for the user interface and one set for the API. You need to use the API credentials in order to connect through TapClicks, if you try to use a user interface login, you will receive an error message. API usernames usually have a naming convention that looks like ttd_api_[partnerid]_tapclicks@[customername].com
If neither of these scenarios apply to you and you still can’t connect, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you connect.
What reports from The Trade Desk do TapClicks connect to?
TapClicks connects to the My Reports product from The Trade Desk
Which My Reports templates does TapClicks use to generate reports?
TapClicks uses the templates below to process data:
- Site/App Report HD
- Site/App List Report HD
- Geo Report HD
- Data Element Report HD
- Conversion Report HD
- Browser Report HD
- Adgroup Performance Report HD
Why does my data from The Trade Desk look like it’s more than a day behind?
When requesting data from The Trade Desk with the regular daily data fetches, it’s possible that the data for yesterday is not yet available. TapClicks always tries to get data for yesterday and if it’s available at the time of pull, it will be processed. You can always use Update Dashboard on your Manage Data Sources to request the most current information available from the data source.
What if I need data from The Trade Desk that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the The Trade Desk connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For The Trade Desk, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: The Trade Desk.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Advertiser
Level 2 - Campaign