This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Google Ad Manager data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
Did Google Ad Manager used to be called Google DoubleClick for Publishers (DFP)?
Where are my Orders from Google Ad Manager?
In TapClicks, the Orders from Google Ad Manager are displayed and represented at the Main Columns level of the Data Source.
Why can’t I see all my Google Ad Manager advertisers?
It could be that your credentials have access to multiple Google Ad Manager networks. By default, TapClicks will refer to the first Google Ad Manager network that the connected username has access to. If you need to bring in data from multiple networks there are two options:
- You can create another set of credentials that only have permission to the network that is not getting pulled into the TapAnalytics dashboard. One network code to one set of credentials will allow you to connect multiple networks independently if you have them.
- You can provide the list of Google Ad Manager network codes that your account has access to. Then our engineering team can write those into the back end so all networks and associated advertisers will be available.
Why does my Creatives data view appear to be underreporting compared to other data views?
On the Google Ad Manager system, users can be associated with teams and teams can be granted access to a subset of Ad Units. In order to ensure that all data pulls in for this data view, check with your Google Ad Manager administrator to review the Team setting that your credentials are contained in and confirm that the Team has access to all Ad Units.
What if I need data from Google Ad Manager that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Google Ad Manager connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Google Ad Manager, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Google Ad Manager.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Advertiser
Level 2 - Campaign