This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Salesforce Leads data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
Where can I get the security token to connect to Salesforce Leads?
In the Salesforce portal, go to the user icon at the top right of the screen. Then navigate to View Profile → My Personal Information → Reset My Security Token. When you reset this security token, you will see a new token that can be input into your TapClicks dashboard. Note that when you reset this token, any systems that rely on the previous token will need to be updated.
What if I need data from Salesforce Leads that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Salesforce Leads connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Salesforce Leads, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Salesforce Leads.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Organization
Level 2 - Campaign