This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Email data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
Was Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Email previously referred to as ExactTarget?
How do I connect to Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Email?
You will need to create a new user with API access enabled in the Salesforce MC portal.
- For Marketing Cloud accounts with role-based permissions, select the Role | Email | Admin | API Access | WebServices API permission. For accounts with legacy permissions, select the Grant the user access to the web services permission.
- Enable the username and password security setting. Go to Setup | Security | Security Settings and find the setting under Username and Logins.
Then in the TapClicks connector, fill the form with the newly created username and password.
For subdomain, use the part of the URL under Soap Service Endpoint, that starts with “mc….” right until the “.soap” string starts.
What if I need data from Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Email that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Email connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Email, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Salesforce Marketing Cloud - Email.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Account
Level 2 - Send