This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Instagram Professional data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
How do I upgrade my Instagram Account to an Instagram Professional Account?
Step 1: upgrade your Instagram account.
- Log into your Instagram account.
- Go to your Profile, then click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right-hand corner.
- Then on this screen, click Settings.
- Then click Account.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Switch to Professional Account.
- From here you can select either a Business or Creator Account. Both account types are supported in this TapClicks Connector.
Creator: Best for public figures, content producers, artists, and influencers.
Business: Best for retailers, local businesses, brands, organizations, and service providers.
For more information on the Instagram Help Center, please refer to this article about setting up a Professional Account or this article about setting up a Creator Account.
Step 2: link your Instagram account to your Facebook page.
- This step is required in order to authenticate to the API.
- To connect your Facebook Page to your Instagram Business Account please refer to this Instagram Help Article.
Step 3: authenticate to the new Instagram Business service in Manage Data Sources, map your records, and build out your dashboards as needed.
How come I can’t connect to Instagram Professional?
Most often, this is because the account you are trying to connect to is a personal account. For information about how to convert your personal account to a Professional Account, please refer to this article about setting up a Professional Account or this article about setting up a Creator Account.
I have an Instagram Professional Account, why don’t I see any data in TapClicks?
We don't start fetching data until you convert your account. Any data points from before the date the account was converted to a Professional Account will not be available. If you change your dashboard dates to a range before you converted your account, you may not see data in the dashboard.
The other possibility is that your account has fewer than 100 followers. In order to retrieve data through the Instagram Professional API, your account must have more than 100 followers.
Can I see my story data through Instagram Professional?
Yes. TapClicks has built logic to ensure that the data from stories are fetched every hour so that once the story is no longer active, we still have that data available for your reporting needs. Please note that there might be a slight variation between what you see in TapClicks and what you see in the source platform since the timestamp of that very last 24-hour data pull could be right before the expiration time of the story itself. That variation is minimal if anything.
How do I report on my Instagram Ads data?
You can report on your Instagram Ads data from the Facebook Ads data source. Refer to the Platform data view in Facebook Ads to see performance data for ads that ran on the Instagram platform.
What if I need data from Instagram Professional that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Instagram Professional connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Instagram Professional, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Instagram Professional.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Account