What are Client Groups?
Client Groups is a bunch of Clients that have similar interests, goals, or concerns and attached to a single Business Unit . These groups can be used with clients who have multiple locations that require individual reporting but also require one person to have complete data access, across all locations.
You can also create a group of Client Groups, which includes multiple groups attached to a single Business Unit. This feature enables you to expand the reach of a Client Group multiple times. For handling bigger Client Group, you have a facility to import/export large number of Clients through CSV file.
How to create a Client Group
To create a Client Group
- Click Administration in the left pane.
- Click Client Groups .
- Click the plus sign (+) next to the header Client groups .
- On the New Client Group screen, choose a Group type from the drop-down menu. You can select Group of Clients if you want to create a Client group comprising of users or Group of Client Groups if you want to add multiple Client groups and create one group.
- Enter the name your Client Group in the given field.
- Enter CRM ID if you have it handy.
- Choose the Business Unit from the dropdown.
- Click and select Clients from the available options. You can select multiple Clients which will be part of the new Client Group.
- You can select and upload a Dark or Light logo for Custom Branding from your computer. This logo will appear as the Client group logo.
- Click Save to create a new Client Group .
How to use Bulk Import/Export feature
If you want to create a really big Client Group of 50 or more Clients, it is advisable to use the Import feature. You can also Export your Business Unit in CSV file format.
To Export the Client Group, click Export next to Client Groups heading and select a location to store the file and the list will be saved on your computer. For importing client list,
- Click Import next to Client Groups heading
- Click Download CSV Headers
After Saving the file on your computer
- Open the saved file, create a list of clients that you wish to import and save it on your computer.
- Return to TapClicks tab
- Click Select CSV file and select it from your computer
- Click Upload and the file will be uploaded.
- Details of your CSV file will appear in Client Groups screen.
How to Edit / Delete a Client Group
To Edit or Delete the existing Client Groups, navigate to Client Groups screen.
You will see icons in line with every Client group.
To edit a Client Groups, click icon and edit the details and to delete a Client Groups, click icon.
You will find that some icons are grayed out. It means that you can not delete these Client Groups for the following reasons:
There is an Agent user in charge of that client group
There is a Report scheduler using that client group
It is also apart of a group of client groups
Please consult your Account Manager for more details about deleting a Client Group.
Can an Agent be in charge of multiple client groups?
Yes you can set it so an Agent is in charge of multiple client groups. For this they would be in charge of a group of client groups.