Before you begin: The ability to configure and access the TapClicks platform is defined by User type.
The Four TapClicks User Types
- Super Admin
- Have full access to the entire TapClicks instance. They can manage all User/Client data and Business Unit/Client groups.
- Have access to the Connect Data Sources screen and all the Administration functions.
- Are authorized to create all other Users.
- Have access to their own data only.
- Can log into the Dashboard and generate Reports themselves.
- A single client can be connected to multiple profiles for different Data Sources. This is the combined record that connects all the sources together into a single view.
- Business Unit Admin
- Have full access to all User/Client data and Business Unit/Client groups within their Business Unit.
- Can create new Clients, Agents, Business Unit Admins, Client Groups, Custom Dashboards and Data Profiles for their Business Unit.
- Have access to the Client Group that they have been assigned to.
- Have access to the Dashboard and Report generation, but do not have access to Connect Data Sources or Administration capabilities.
- Can be assigned various Roles which expand or limit their permissions in the platform.
For small or medium agencies, you probably only need Super Admin and Client user types. In such cases, all Clients are managed centrally by the agency. If you require separate branding for your Business Unit Reports or you want to summarize several Clients in Client Groups, consider configuring Business Units and Client Groups. Once you have those, you can add the Business Unit Admin and Agent User types.
Note: All TapClicks users are identified by e-mail address and can be invited to the platform by sending a welcome email. Users can also be imported with a default password during the implementation.
How to Create a User
Users are who access and use TapClicks. User permissions depend on User Roles. There are four different User Roles.
1] On the left side menu, under Administration, click Users.
2] The Users screen appears.
3] Click the "+" in the upper left.
4] The New User screen appears.
5] From the User Type dropdown, select the type of User you want to create.
|NOTE: If you don't see the User type Business Unit Admin, it's because no Business Units have been created yet.|
6] Fill in the rest of the General Settings fields.
7] Enter the User's email address in the Email address textbox. The User's email is how User's are identified in TapClicks.
8] Enter a password for the User.
9] Enter additional information about the User in the Additional Information fields.
10] Click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.
How to Edit User Information
Editing User information in TapClicks means locating the specific User in the list and changing any of the General Settings, Access Details or Additional Information.
11] On the left side menu, under Administration, click Users.
12] Scroll down the list or use the search box to locate the User to edit.
13] When you locate the User to edit, click the green pencil icon to the far right of the list
14] The Edit User screen appears. It is similar to the New User screen in step 4. The major difference is that the User type cannot be edited.
15] Edit desired fields in the General Settings, Access Details and Addition Information sections.
16] Click Save Changes at the bottom of the screen.
How to Delete a User
Deleting a user means removing them from the TapClicks platform. Users must have the proper permissions to be able to delete another User.
17] On the left side menu, under Administration, click Users.
18] Scroll down the list or use the search box to locate the User to edit.
19] When you locate the User to delete, click the red trashcan icon to the far right of the list.
20] The Terminate modal appears.
21] To confirm the deletion, click Terminate. The selected User is removed from the system.