How to customize Data Source names
In your preference settings, you can configure how your connected Data Sources will display in the application and on your Dashboards. This includes both the icon and color scheme.
Why customize these attributes?
A common use case for customizing your Data Sources is when you want to make it easier to chart data sources on graphs. For example, if you run Social Media campaigns across multiple channels, you may want to make all those channels the same color.
Another case might be if you want to obscure the Data Sources you use in reporting. For example, if you are charging a premium for advertising services and want your clients to pay for the outcome rather than the channel, you may want to change "Google Ads" to "Search Advertising."
How to customize your Data Sources
- In the left sidebar, click on Administration
- Then navigate to the Admin Settings section
- Select Preferences
- On the Preferences page, you will note several tabs ... select the tab called Data Sources
- To change the name of your Data Source, simply type your desired name into the text box associated with the Data Source
- To change the color of the icon, select the circle next to the Data Source and choose from amongst the colors on the color wheel
- If you want to reset the color source to its default value, simply select the X next to the modified color icon and it will revert back to the original value.