This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Facebook Insights data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
What permissions are needed for Facebook Insights?
In the case of Facebook Insights, there are two levels of access that will allow you to connect the data to our platform. Both the Administrator role and the Analyst role will allow TapClicks to access the data to bring into our platform.
Where can I find my boosted posts?
Typically once a post on a Facebook page gets boosted, it can then be tracked in Facebook Ads. When you look at boosted posts on the Post Data View from Facebook Insights in TapClicks, these same posts appear on the Ad data view (as “Ads”) in the Facebook Ads connector. Just be sure to have the same data sets assigned in both data sources. One option to consider for your data story would be to merge the data from Facebook Ads and Facebook Insights connectors into a single channel to review organic data with boosted paid data.
What if I need data from Facebook Insights that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Facebook Insights connector.
2] Review if the data you need can be accessed through Live Call Widgets.
- Similar to the Smart Connector option above, this will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path has some limitations on which TapClicks features can be applied to the data set. For example, you cannot currently use Channels with live call data sets.
3] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Facebook Insights, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Facebook Insights.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Page