This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Amazon DSP data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
Do I need any special permissions to connect to Amazon DSP?
To connect to Amazon DSP, make sure that your profile is an Agency type profile. If you have a different profile type, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
What is the difference between Amazon Ads, Amazon Seller, and Amazon DSP?
Amazon Seller provides information about the Amazon Seller Account rather than advertising data.
Amazon Advertising Console (which the TapClicks Amazon Ads connector connects to) presents advertising performance metrics including Sponsored Brands and Sponsored Products.
Amazon DSP connects to the Demand Side Platform including Local data.
What if I need data from Amazon DSP that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Amazon DSP connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Amazon DSP, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Amazon DSP.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Advertisers
Level 2 - Orders