This document contains frequently asked questions that arise when using the Amazon Ads data source. You can quickly navigate to a particular FAQ by using the table of contents below.
Do I need any special permissions to connect to Amazon Ads?
To connect to Amazon Ads, make sure that your username has the following permissions:
- Advertising Console users (AMS portal) - make sure the account is a Brand Admin
- Seller Central users - make sure the account has View/Edit permission for Campaign Manager
What is the difference between Amazon Ads, Amazon Seller, and Amazon DSP?
Amazon Seller provides information about the Amazon Seller Account rather than advertising data.
Amazon Advertising Console (which the TapClicks Amazon Ads connector connects to) presents advertising performance metrics including Sponsored Brands and Sponsored Products.
Amazon DSP connects to the Demand Side Platform including Local data.
What is Amazon Marketing Service and why can’t I find it?
The Amazon Marketing Service product name changed to “Amazon Advertising Console”. You can get this information through the TapClicks Amazon Ads connector.
I connected to Amazon Ads, why can’t I see data in my dashboard yet?
The Amazon Ads API requires data to be pulled one day at a time. As a result, these fetches take a little longer to complete than other data sources.
What if I need data from Amazon Ads that TapClicks doesn’t quite support?
There are a few ways to approach this situation.
1] Create a Smart Connector to bring data into your dashboard.
- This will allow you to get to your data fast.
- This path could be used in the long term.
- Or you can use this path while waiting for an enhancement to the Amazon Ads connector.
2] Submit a request to the product team to evaluate bringing this data into the Instant On connector.
- Make sure to include report extract examples so that we can review exactly the dimensions and metrics you’re looking for in your dashboard.
- If you need help with this process, feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager or email@example.com.
What fields are available for this data source?
After you connect a data source to TapClicks, you can use that data in your reports. These fields are organized into groups of similar types of data called Data Views.
For Amazon Ads, you will find a list of all dimensions and fields available for use in TapClicks, organized by data view, here: Amazon Ads.
What data can I assign to my Tap Client from this data source?
Level 1 - Profiles
Level 2 - Campaigns