The Goals module is the predictive analytics product in the TapClicks suite designed to enable marketers, advertisers and Ad Ops teams to proactively monitor and visually track progress of campaigns. It empowers users to make decisions on whether to continue, pause or tweak campaigns as per prescribed targets, and adjust marketing strategy accordingly.
Why Using Goals Matters
With goals you can do the following:
- Prescribe targets for each campaign
- Visualize progress of a campaign on a monthly basis or recurring basis
- Forecast the performance of a campaign
- Track and justify return on ad spend (ROAS)
Benefits of Using Goals
The Goals feature provides users with visibility and relevant information with regard to marketing campaigns. It does this by using a visual tracker and performance metrics. Goals help highlight the gap between current campaign performance and desired future campaign performance.
Goals enable users to mitigate risk as part of their overall marketing strategy by indicating proactively whether the campaigns are on-target or off-pace, in terms of ad spend or other performance metrics.
Navigate to Goals
Login to TapClicks and on the Reports menu, click Goals.
Functionality: goal metrics
When it comes to creating goals, today users can create two categories of goal metrics:
- Budget: Track and forecast ad spend or cost over a period of time.
- Pacing: Track and forecast impressions or clicks over a period of time.
Functionality: goal durations
Goals give users the flexibility of creating two types of goals based on the duration of the prescribed goal:
- Non-Recurring: The goal is defined for a fixed period of time, For example, if you want to track and forecast a Google Ads campaign performance for one month (from Jan 1, 2023 to Jan 31, 2023), then you can set it as a non-recurring goal.
- Recurring: The goal is defined over a recurring time period depending on the duration of the campaign. For example, if you want to track and forecast a Google Ads campaign performance for over three months (from Jan 1, 2023 to March 31, 2023), then you can set it as a recurring monthly goal. The duration options for setting a recurring goal are days, weeks, months, quarters, and years. This gives you the flexibility to set the campaign as per your campaign cycle.
Associating Goals with User Groups
Goals can be associated with different groups of users based on how you’ve configured the platform. Goals can be associated with the following groups:
- A single client
- A client group
- A business unit
- Instance-wide to associate the goal with all that use the data source
The Goals module enables users to set up goals from three different datasets from the TapClicks Data Cloud. They are as follows:
- Data Source
- Smart Campaign (on certain feature packages). If you’d like to learn more about Smart Campaigns, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Defining Performance Goals
The Goals interface helps you visualize the progress of your goals at a glance using in-built visual elements, as shown in the example below. You can define performance thresholds to track towards an acceptable range over a time period.
Examples of Goals
Example 1: The below image depicts the visual for a goal that is yet to start.
Example 2: The below image depicts the visual for a goal that is currently in progress for Feb 2023 and is pacing as expected (On Track).
Example 3: The below image depicts the visual for a goal that is currently in progress and pacing within an acceptable range (Within Threshold).
Example 4: The below image depicts the visual for a goal that is currently in progress and is not pacing as forecasted (Off Track).