Before you begin: This user guide details how to use the Report Scheduler. To learn more about the Report Scheduler, see the FAQs below.
Locate Report Scheduler
1] On the left side menu click Reports.
2] Click Report Scheduler. You're taken to the Report Scheduler list. If your instance has existing scheduled reports, a list of those reports will appear in the list.
Create a New Scheduled Report
3] ] In the upper right, click the "+" to add a scheduled report.
4] The New Scheduled Report screen appears.
5] From the Recipient Type dropdown, choose one of the four types of recipients who will receive this report.
|NOTE: Choosing reports for all clients (i.e., choosing instance wide), can cause performance delays and hinder or delay other scheduled reports.|
6] If you chose Client, Client Group or Business Unit in step 5, specify which one in the associated dropdown menu that appears to the right.
7] To send the report to recipients who are not users, enter their email addresses in the Recipients textbox. Separate each email with a comma.
8] Or, to send the report to users, select one or more of them from the Users dropdown.
|NOTE: You cannot send the report to both recipients and users.|
9] To remove a user from the list, click the "x" to the right of their email address.
10] If you're sending the report to the user and wish to enable Ez Login for them, slide the Enable Ez Login slider to the right.
11] Do the same to send Ez Login without attachment.
12] At the top of the Scheduling section, select the radio button for when you want to send the report.
|NOTE: When selecting the every month option, you must also select the day of the month you want it sent (1 - 28). You can also choose to send it on the last day of the month.|
13] To specify a date to stop sending the report, click in the Stop sending reports after textbox and pick a date from the calendar popup.
14] To specify a date range to include in the report, either select the Preset radio button and choose the desired options, or select the Custom radio button and choose the desired options.
15] To compare the report to a prior period, check the Compare to previous period checkbox and specify the period from the dropdown at the right.
Format and Content
16] Select a report type from the Report Type dropdown.
17] On the right, choose a data profile from the Data Profile dropdown.
18] Choose from one of the five format options for the report from the Format dropdown.
19] For all format options except Html inline, enter the file name in the Report file name textbox.
20] On the right, select the radio button that corresponds to your choice for report content.
21] Choose your cover and back page options from the Cover/Back Page dropdown.
22] To include charts in the report if available, slide the slide to the right.
23] Select either the Active, Inactive, or Complete (i.e., both active and inactive) radio button.
24] Click Save.
Edit an Existing Scheduled Report
25] On the left side menu click Reports.
26] Click Report Scheduler.
27] To locate the scheduled report you want to edit, either scroll through the list of scheduled reports or use the search box in the upper left (results appear automatically).
28] To the far right of the report, click the edit (i.e., pencil) icon.
29] The edit report screen appears. Make any necessary changes and click Save at the bottom.
How to Bulk Import
30] On the left side menu click Reports.
31] Click Report Scheduler.
32] In the upper right, click the Upload Report Scheduler (i.e., up arrow) icon.
33] The Upload Report Scheduler popup appears.
34] Click Download CSV Guide to retrieve the upload template. It should be in your downloads folder. You can either leave it there or save it somewhere else.
35] Fill out the CSV template with the scheduled report information according to the following:
- Enter the Client or Client Group information
- Specify the Recipient email addresses that should be receiving the reports, separated by commas
- Enter the Frequency of reporting - Daily, Weekly, Bi-weekly, Semi-monthly, and Monthly
- For Weekly Report, fill in the Day of the Week the report is going to be sent
- For Monthly Report, fill in the Day of the Month that it is going to be sent on - Should be a number from 1 to 28 (the system takes February as the baseline). You can also enter the word "last" to send it on the last day of the month.
- For a Bi-weekly Report, fill in the Start Date for this report - in the yyyy-mm-dd format
- Enter a Send Until Date if the report has a known end date
- Specify what Report format you want to send - HTML (inline), HTML (email attachment), PDF (email attachment), Excel (email attachment), and Word (email attachment). Please note that Elite Reports can only be sent in PDF format.
- Enter the Report Content that will be included in the report - Data Sources, Channels, or Data Sources and Channels. Please note that some features may be limited to a specific tier and are not available to all users.
- Fill in the Status of the report
- Specify a Report Cover if you want one
- If you are sending the report as an attachment, specify what the Attachment Name should be - example "monthly_report"
- Specify whether the report should be compared to the previous period
- Choose the Report Type - Either Elite or Standard
- For Elite, specify the Elite Dashboard Name that is being sent
- For Standard, make sure to specify the Data Profile being applied and whether or not it should include Charts
35] Save the changes.
36] Go back to the Upload Scheduler popup and click the Choose File.
37] Navigate to the file and click Open.
38] Click Upload. This will bring you to a Report Scheduler Import Summary page which lists the details of which items were successfully imported and which ones failed. You can export the failed report so that you can fix the failed entries.
How to Bulk Edit
39] On the left side menu click Reports.
40] Click Report Scheduler.
41] In the upper right, click the Download Reports (i.e., down arrow) icon. The report should be in your downloads folder. You can either leave it there or save it somewhere else.
42] Open the report file.
43] Edit the fields per your requirements. Do not edit the Report Scheduler ID field.
44] Save the changes.
45] In the upper right, click the Upload Report Scheduler (i.e., up arrow) icon.
46] Go back to the Upload Scheduler popup and click the Choose File.
47] Navigate to the file and click Open.
48] Click Upload.
What is Report Scheduler?
The Report Scheduler is a feature that manages sharing and scheduling of reports from the TapClicks platform. By scheduling reports, you can keep your stakeholders informed and empowered, while also reducing your workload. Customers who use scheduled reports are able to elevate their conversations with stakeholders and focus on trends rather than spending time crafting reports are regular
When are reports delivered?
When you schedule a report, you can choose to send that report daily, weekly on a particular day, every two weeks, on the 1st and 16th of every month, or monthly.
The date range you choose in the Send Report setting will determine the date range for the report:
- Monthly will have the previous month's data
- 1st will have 16th-30/31st, while 16th will have 1-15
- Weekly will have the previous week's data.
- Daily will have the previous day's data.
All Report Scheduler reports on a given day will go out when the daily fetch has completed.
What is the Bulk Import feature?
The Bulk Import feature enables you to import/edit multiple Scheduled Reports at one time, rather than creating them individually in your dashboard. Please note:
- Before you can create a report for a given client or client group they must exist in the dashboard.
- The column for Report scheduler ID is something our system generates and uses to determine if the action is to edit or create new entries so do not alter or add your own.