Before you begin: There are multiple ways you can work with the Line Items in your Orders. This document will show you how to find, view, search and work with comments in Line Items.
How to Find and View Line Items
There are two ways to find Line Items in your Orders. You can use Open Orders and you can use Detailed Orders.
Via Open Orders
1] On the left side menu, under Orders click Open Order.
2] Click the number link in the Order column of the Order that has the Line Items you're looking to view.
3] Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the Line Items associated with the Order.
4] To view a Line Item's details, click the number link in the Item Number column.
5] To edit a Line Item, click the pencil icon to the far right in the Line Item row.
Via Detailed Orders
6] On the left side menu, under Orders click Detailed Orders.
7] Click the Arrow to the left of the Order Number.
8] The area underneath expands to display the Line Items for that Order.
9] Click the number link in the Line item Id column to see the details and/or edit the details of the Line Item.
How to Search Orders for Line Items
You may want to search through all your Orders to see which ones contain specific Line Items. Here you can use both the Open Orders page and the Detailed Orders page to conduct the search.
10] Navigate to either the Open Orders page or the Detailed Orders page.
11] Click in the search bar that says Find orders at the top of the page.
12] Type the name of the Line Item you're looking for in the search box.
13] Select product from the drop-down menu.
14] Click the search icon (i.e., magnifying glass). The page populates with the Orders containing that Line Item.
How to Work With Comments in Line Items
You can always add comments to Line Items opening the Line Item details page, scrolling to the bottom and then entering comments in the comment box.
What to know Line Item comments
- The comments that are saved get associated with the Line Item and can be seen by anyone with access to that Line Item.
- Comments made on Tasks associated with a Line Item are also saved within the Line Item to become part of the thread.
- Comments are REQUIRED for any edit of Line Items and for any rejection of a task. The system will prompt the user for the comment or will indicate the comment is required before saving any alterations.
- There are three places in which you can add comments
- The comment box is at the bottom of any Line Item form.
- The comment box at the top right of the Line Item Details pages.